Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
This vegan chocolate peanut butter mug cake is my go-to recipe for whenever I feel like having a sweet, but have nothing else at home. It is SO easy, you only need 9 pantry ingredients for this vegan mug cake recipe and it takes only a few minutes to make.
You can replace the soy milk with any other plant-based milk of your preference. It’s also possible to make it without oil, but it will be a bit dryer. If you don’t have baking powder, you could leave this out as well – your chocolate peanut butter mug cake will just be a bit less fluffy if you don’t use it.
For a gluten-free mug cake, simply use a gluten-free flour instead.
how to make a chocolate peanut butter mug cake
- First, mix all the dry ingredients together in a microwave safe mug. Use a gluten-free flour if you want your mug cake to be gluten-free.
- Next, add all the wet ingredients and stir very well. Feel free to use another plant-based milk, or other oil.
- When everything is mixed together and you have a nice batter, place the mug in the microwave for 1,5 minute.
- And voilà! Yep, that’s really how easy it is. Enjoy!
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 4 tbsp flour (or a gluten-free flour)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp sweetened soy milk (or another plant-based milk)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or another oil)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar