Mushroom and Pesto Pizza
A vegan mushroom and pesto pizza with a garlic crust. Similar to the rosemary & sweet potato pizza, this recipe is very easy and delicious. You basically just need different toppings.
how to make a mushroom and pesto pizza
- Firstly, preheat the oven at 430°F (220°C). Meanwhile, cover the edges of the crust with some olive oil, and then sprinkle some garlic powder over it. This will add a delicious twist to your pizza.
- Smear the tomato paste on the base. After that you add a layer of the vegan cream cheese (I used Violife Creamy Original Flavour) on top of it. However, the pizza base that I bought already had the tomato sauce on it, so I didn’t have make the sauce myself. But any tomato paste or sauce will do the trick!
- Cut the red onion, mushrooms and tomatoes in slices. Place them nicely on the pizza. Or make it a mess, whatever you prefer ;-).
- Add dots of the vegan pesto all over the pizza. Season it with a little bit of pepper and salt and, most importantly, sprinkle the vegan grated cheese (I used Violife Mozzarella Flavour Grated) on top of it to finish it off.
- Put the pizza in the oven for 10-12 minutes, and your vegan mushroom and pesto pizza is ready. ENJOY!
Mushroom & Pesto Pizza
- pizza base
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 3 mushrooms
- ¼ red onion
- 1 tomato
- vegan pesto
- vegan grated cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper